Nanomechanics and Nanophotonics research is run by Dr Jun-Yu Ou (Bruce Ou, 歐俊裕), who is the leading expert of nano-optomechanical reconfigurable metamaterials.
- Visualization of Sub-atomic Movements in Nanostructures
T. Liu, *J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, K. F. MacDonald, and N. I. Zheludev
Nano Lett. 21 (2021) doi: link
- Giant nonlinearity of an optically reconfigurable plasmonic metamaterial
J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, J. Zhang, and N. I. Zheludev Adv. Mater.28, 729-733 (2016) link
- A magneto-electro-optical effect in a plasmonic nanowire material
J. Valente, J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, I. J. Youngs, and N. I. Zheludev Nat. Commun.6, 7021 (2015) link
- Ultraviolet and visible range plasmonics in the topological insulator Bi1.5Sb0.5Te1.8Se1.2
J. Y. Ou, J. K. So, G. Adamo, A. Sulaev, L. Wang, and N. I. Zheludev Nat. Commun., 5, 5139 (2014) link
- An electromechanically reconfigurable plasmonic metamaterial operating in the near-infrared
J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, J. Zhang, and N. I. Zheludev Nature Nanotech.8, 252-255 (2013) 2018 Web of Science highly cited paper link
- Reconfigurable photonic metamaterials
J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, L. Jiang, and N. I. Zheludev Nano Lett.11(5), 2142-2144 (2011)
2018 Web of Science highly cited paper link
Apart from scientific excellence, Dr Ou possesses expert knowledge in nanotechnology with many years of experience in a wide range of nanofabrication techniques including e-beam lithography, focused ion beam milling, as well as other advanced nanofabrication equipment. He has delivered lectures and provided consultancy on nanofabrication in research institutions in Taiwan, Singapore, and the UK.
Please contact Dr Ou (bruce.ou[AT]soton.ac.uk) if you are interested in collaboration or undertaking PhD study in Optoelectronics Research Centre at University of Southampton.
Dr Ou acknowledges the funding support provided by: