Nanomechanics & Nanophotonics research group is run by Dr Jun-Yu Ou (Bruce Ou, 歐俊裕), an expert in nano-optomechanical metamaterials, AI-assisted optical metrology and nanofabrication.
- Visualization of Sub-atomic Movements in Nanostructures
T. Liu, *J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, K. F. MacDonald, and N. I. Zheludev
Nano Lett. 21 (2021) doi: link
- Giant nonlinearity of an optically reconfigurable plasmonic metamaterial
J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, J. Zhang, and N. I. Zheludev Adv. Mater.28, 729-733 (2016) link
- A magneto-electro-optical effect in a plasmonic nanowire material
J. Valente, J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, I. J. Youngs, and N. I. Zheludev Nat. Commun.6, 7021 (2015) link
- Ultraviolet and visible range plasmonics in the topological insulator Bi1.5Sb0.5Te1.8Se1.2
J. Y. Ou, J. K. So, G. Adamo, A. Sulaev, L. Wang, and N. I. Zheludev Nat. Commun., 5, 5139 (2014) link
- An electromechanically reconfigurable plasmonic metamaterial operating in the near-infrared
J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, J. Zhang, and N. I. Zheludev Nature Nanotech.8, 252-255 (2013) 2018 Web of Science highly cited paper link
- Reconfigurable photonic metamaterials
J. Y. Ou, E. Plum, L. Jiang, and N. I. Zheludev Nano Lett.11(5), 2142-2144 (2011)
2018 Web of Science highly cited paper link
Besides scientific excellence, Dr Ou possesses expert knowledge in nanotechnology with many years of experience in a wide range of nanofabrication techniques including e-beam lithography, focused ion beam milling, and other advanced nanofabrication equipment. He has delivered lectures and provided consultancy on nanofabrication in research institutions in Taiwan, Singapore, and the UK.
Please contact Dr Ou (bruce.ou[AT]soton.ac.uk) if you are interested in collaborating or undertaking PhD study at the University of Southampton.
Dr Ou acknowledges the funding support provided by: